About the Fund
The Lancaster Stands Up Immigration Working Group, in partnership with different community service providers and other local immigration groups, has set up a fund to provide direct financial support to immigrants who are vulnerable to deportation from Lancaster County.
We provide small grants to families suffering from hardship related to deportation proceedings in Lancaster County.
- The number of people detained by ICE is increasing.
- In 2017, ICE Activity increased 60% in Lancaster County in just one year.
- More than 7,700 children in PA have been detained by ICE.
How can I apply?
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Preference will given to applicants who meet these four criteria:
- Referred from a non-profit organization working with detainees (CWS, PIRC, PICC), church, or an immigration lawyer in Lancaster County.
- Detained and/or vulnerable to deportation.
- Demonstrates financial need.
- Lives in Lancaster County.
Once an application is received, a member of the steering committee will contact you to move ahead. The steering committee will consider an application based on the totality of the applicant’s circumstances, and on a case-by-case basis.